JOB TITLE: Innkeeper/Assistant Innkeeper
EMPLOYER: Landings Real Estate Group
DEPARTMENT: Vacation Newport
REPORTS TO: Director or Lodging
SUMMARY: Oversees and coordinates daily operations of one or more of our luxurious Vacation Newport Inns to ensure highest standards for cleanliness, product quality, food service, and guest service. The ideal candidate will be positive, energetic and knowledgeable of Inn/Bed and Breakfast operations. Must be hands on in all aspects of the day to day operation with the focus on excellent customer service and exceptional guest experience. Must have flexible schedule and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Innkeepers and Assistant Innkeepers are responsible for greeting guests.
• Ensures that all areas of the Inn are properly cleaned and ready for guests' arrival.
• Anticipates and assesses guests' needs and responds in a courteous and professional manner.
• Plans for, shops for, and prepares breakfast for all guests daily.
• Responds to emails, answers phone calls, makes some reservations in the absence of the sales team, monitors and manages reservations.
• Works with the sales team on matters pertaining to guest reservations
• Communicates with management and/or maintenance to report maintenance and/or repair needs.
• Monitors and maintains proper inventory of all supplies; cleaning, kitchen, guest toiletries, etc.
• Ensures housekeeping supplies are well maintained.
• Manages and assists in all housekeeping duties.
• Inspects rooms and all common areas on a daily basis and promptly addresses any and all issues that may be present.
• Develops, implements, and maintains deep cleaning schedules.
• Manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
• Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
• Trains, supervises, motivates, and develops assistant innkeeper and housekeeping staff when necessary and manages workflow.
• Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance. • Keeps up to date on overall activities, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
• The Innkeepers and Assistant Innkeepers may also have marketing responsibilities online, via phone, and in person. • Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• 2+ years related experience or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
• Commitment to excellence and high standards • Ability to work with all levels of management and subordinates
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills • Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
• Serve save certification a plus but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Continually required to stand
• Frequently required to walk
• Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
• Frequently required to talk or hear
• Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
• Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 30 pounds
• Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
• Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
• Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.
Landings Real Estate Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.